CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES
Latest Update: April 21, 2021 ~ 8:34 p.m.
SOFT OPENING GUIDELINES FOR SUNDAY, MAY 2, 2021
WELCOME TO THE “SOFT OPENING” OF THE NEW GREEN GROVE CHURCH OF FAITH. COVID-19 PROTOCOL WILL BE ADHERED TO ACCORDING TO THE RECOMMENDATION OF THE MISSISSIPPI STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC) FOR INDOOR GATHERING.
THOSE WHO SHOULD ATTEND AN INDOOR GATHERING:
1) Everyone 65 years of age or older should be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attending in-person worship services (2 weeks after completing vaccination).
2) Anyone 16 or older with high-risk medical conditions should be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to attending in-person worship services (2 weeks after completing vaccination).
IN-DOOR SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR ATTENDING CHURCH:
1. MASKS ARE TO BE WORN UPON ENTERING THE CHURCH AND AT ALL TIMES DURING THE CHURCH SERVICE.
2. ENTERANCE TO THE BUILDING FOR THOSE ATTENDING THE INSIDE GATHERING SHOULD BE THROUGH THE FRONT DOORS INTO THE CHURCH LOBBY AREA.
3. SANITIZING DISPENSERS ARE LOCATED AT EACH ENTRANCE TO THE SANCTUARY. INDIVIDUALS ARE
TO USE THE SANITIZER BEFORE ENTERING OR RE-ENTERING THE SANCTUARY.
4. ALL CONGREGANTS WILL MAINTAIN SIX (6) FEET SEPARATION FROM MEMBERS OUTSIDE OF THEIR INDIVIDUAL HOUSEHOLD. FAMILIES WILL SIT TOGETHER.
5. FAMILIES/INDIVIDUAL WILL USE EVERY OTHER PEW FOR SAFE SEATING PRACTICES.
6. ONLY BATHROOMS IN THE LOBBY ARE AVAILABLE FOR USE.
7. CONGREGANTS WILL PICK UP INDIVIDUAL COMMUNION CUPS UPON ENTERING THE SANCTUARY ON COMMUNION SUNDAYS.
8. TITHES AND OFFERING BOXES WILL BE INSIDE THE SANCTUARY.
9. EXITING FROM THE SANCTUARY WILL BE ROW BY ROW THROUGH THE FRONT DOORS AND THE SIDE DOOR (RIGHT SIDE OF THE CHOIR STAND NEAR PASTOR’S OFFICE) TO MINIMIZE CONGESTION. THEUSHERS WILL ASSIST IN THIS PROCESS.
10. NO GROUP GATHERINGS WHILE INSIDE THE BUILDING.
THESE ARE ONLY SOFT OPENING GUIDELINE INSTRUCTIONS. AS WE MOVE FORWARD, ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE GIVEN ABOUT SUNDAY SCHOOL, THE CHOIR AND CHILDREN’S CHURCH.
WHAT YOU CAN DO?
If you are sick with COVID-19 or suspect you are infected, with the virus that causes COVID-19, follow the steps below to help prevent the disease from spreading:
Stay home except to get medical care
You should restrict activities outside your home, except for getting medical care. Do not go to work, school, or public areas.
Separate yourself from other people and animals in your home
People: As much as possible, you should stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home. Also, you should use a separate bathroom, if available.
Animals: Do not handle pets or other animals while sick.
Seek medical care right away, Call ahead before visiting your doctor
Call your healthcare provider and tell them that you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the healthcare provider’s office take steps to keep other people from getting infected or exposed.
Wear a Face Mask
You should wear a face mask when you are around other people (e.g., sharing a room or vehicle) or pets and before you enter a healthcare provider’s office. These steps will help the healthcare provider’s office to keep other people in the office or waiting room from getting infected or exposed. If you are not able to wear a face mask (for example, because it causes trouble breathing), then people who live with you should not stay in the same room with you, or they should wear a facemask if they enter your room.
Cover your coughs and sneezes
Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw used tissues in a lined trash can; immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
Avoid sharing personal household items
You should not share dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, or bedding with other people or pets in your home. After using these items, they should be washed thoroughly with soap and water.
Clean your hands often
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Clean all “high-touch” surfaces every day
High touch surfaces include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables. Also, clean any surfaces that may have blood, stool, or body fluids on them. Use a household cleaning spray or wipe, according to the label instructions.
Other Actions to Consider:
Ask your healthcare provider to call the local or state health department. Persons who are placed under active monitoring or facilitated self-monitoring should follow instructions provided by the local health department or occupational health professionals, as appropriate. If you have a medical emergency and need to call 911, notify the dispatch personnel that you have, or are being evaluated for COVID-19 Coronavirus. If possible, put on a face mask before emergency medical services arrive.
GIVE YOUR TITHES & OFFERINGS
ONLINE at newgreengrove.org/giving
MOBILE APP (If you do not have the app, you can download the EasyTithe giving app from the APP store and search for NEW GREEN GROVE CHURCH OF FAITH)
CASH or CHECK– If you do not have access to either of the above options, you may drop off your offering at New Green Grove, Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Please call the church at 662-453-0403, if you have questions. Updates, as they become available, will be posted to our website, www.newgreengrove.org.