The Missionary Society’s mission is to fulfill the Great Commission by evangelizing and spreading the gospel, lead people to Christ, nurture them in their faith, equip them for ministry and deploy them in service for Christ; thereby ministering to the needs of others spiritually, physically and mentally while caring for those in need. We strive to live by faith, to be known by love and to be a voice of hope for others.
Matthew 28: 19 – 20: Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Our primary responsibility is to promote and support the church by evangelizing in the community through personal witnessing known as Door-2-Door witnessing. Provide and teach mission study literature to its members in order to develop an awareness of our responsibilities as a missionary.
In addition to our primary responsibility, we minister bi-monthly in surrounding nursing homes, adult day care centers, jails, as well as to the disabled/home-bound individuals to convert, strengthen and encourage the saved and the unsaved.
Some of our monthly and annual ministries, often referred to as projects, are:
- Door to Door Witnessing (Spring & Summer)
- Nursing Home Ministry at Riverview Nursing Home every 1st Saturday and 2nd Thursday
- Nursing Home Ministry at Crystal Health and Rehabilitation Center (1st Monday of each month)
- Prison Ministry (1st Saturday of each month)
- Elderly/Disabled Home Ministry
- Singles Ministry (1st Monday of every month)
- Provide Back to School supplies for students (July Project)
- Garden Park Adult Day Care Center – 2nd & 4th Tuesdays
- Pack the Pews in Sunday School (to increase enrollment in Sunday School)
- Provide Thanksgiving meals annually (to the Elderly, Disabled & sick & Shut In)
- Provide Care Packages annually (Prison & Nursing Home Ministries)
- Assist those in need of food/clothing and other basic needs